There are several types of IT Policies. IT policies are designed to clearly communicate to your IT Department, IT Vendors and company employees what is or is not allowed and with computers, email, passwords and other aspects of a company’s IT infrastructure.
All IT work in the company should follow the guidelines of IT Policies. This will help train and protect your environment from misuse, spam, viruses and more.
WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT
IT policies can be used to regulate the following and more
- Websites users are permitted to access
- Password requirements
- What email can be used for
- When users are allowed on network devices
- How the company handles employee devices such as cell phones, tablets and laptops
- Backup requirements
- What to do in the event of a disaster
- What to do in the event of a virus
WHAT PALMER TECHNOLOGY OFFERS
PTS Recommends that every company have multiple IT Policies. PTS Can help your company create IT Policies for your environment. You can find the PTS recommended policies on the Customer Protection Agreement(CPA) found at http://www.palmerts.com/cpa.pdf